Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I am a good boy!

About 3 months ago, I was very sick and Mama took me to see the vet. It was later found that I was in kidney failure (CRF- Chronic Renal Failure). (I am a Persian and its common for this to happen to my breed, that and I am 18 years old!) Later we found that we caught it pretty early and that a diet change, some supplements and Sub-Q treatments of LRS would keep me feeling good! Oh boy does it ever! I don't run when Mama comes out with the IV bag, because I know how good I'm going to feel afterward!



Mama took a picture of me getting a treatment yesterday, it was awkward! That tube you see going into my body has Lactated Ringers Solution from an IV bag hanging from the pots and pan rack. I only get about 150mL 2 times a week. I napped on and off yesterday after my treatment. I love my treatment time because I get 1:1 time with Mama. I get showered with hugs and kisses and under the neck rubs. I do try to sit still and be a good boy!

1 comment:

  1. That doesn't look like it's much fun, my friend. I hope you get better very soon. Go visit my Mom's site when you can, she's making fun of me again.

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete